Grüner Veltliner Urgestein 2019, Matthias Hager, Austrian White Wine, natural, biodynamic
Matthias Hager, Mollands, Kamptal
This Grüner Veltliner grows from 40-year-old vines in the Steinleithen vineyard. The grapes are harvested very late and fully ripe. Like Matthias Hager's Riesling Alte Reben, 10% of the grapes were fermented 6 weeks on the skin and ripened in a used oak barrel. The other 90% were fermented spontaneously in steel. The wine was bottled after a year on the lees, without fining or filtration, and with only minimal sulfur added. The Urgestein Natural is spicy, creamy, and full of mineral taste with a long finish. Drink now or leave for further aging.
Great with Mushroom Ravioli and other rich pasta dishes.
Get a 10% to 15% discount on wines when you buy a box of 6 or 12.